For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is VenCap International plc whose data protection registration number is Z7027930.
How We May Hold Your Information
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you:
- to enable you to have access to the investor area of our website. For example, if you sign up as an investor with us, you will create a username and password and you will share your personal information with us, including your name, e-mail address and any other details you may provide within the investor area of our website;
- by filling in forms on our website. For example, if you complete a registration form for an event, you will share your personal information with us, including your name, email address, address, telephone number and any other relevant personal information such as spouses details and dietary requirements*;
- if you contact or correspond with us (for example, by email, telephone or otherwise) and we may keep a record of that correspondence (either directly or through our service providers).
*Please note information marked with an asterisk above is “sensitive” personal data, as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998. Please see the section on Sensitive Personal Data below for information on how we treat this data.
Information we collect about you.
Each time you use our services or the website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information about your computer or mobile device for system administration and analysis, including your IP address, unique device identifiers, operating system, wireless network interface, device telephone number and network and browser type; and
- information about your visit to our website and browsing activity, including the full URL information, pages you viewed and length of visits to certain pages, and files you have downloaded. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How We May Use Your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to enable your access to the investor area of our website;
- to provide you with information about your portfolio;
- to enable you to attend events hosted by us or by third parties on our behalf;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to deal with any enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
We will not use this information to contact you for promotional or marketing purposes.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with VenCap (Channel Islands) Limited at our sole discretion.
We may disclose your personal information to any third party:
- in an anonymous format to be able to provide catering services at our events;
Except as explained above, we will not disclose your personal data to any third parties for any other purpose unless we have your consent or we otherwise legally have the right or obligation to do so (for example, in an emergency).
We require our service providers to comply with data protection laws whenever they process your personal information.
Sensitive Personal Data
Some of your personal data processed by us may be classified as “sensitive” under the Data Protection Act 1998. This may include any medical conditions which affect your dietary requirements or access to events.
If you disclose sensitive personal information to us, we will use that information for the purpose(s) given to you at the time the information was collected or for purposes consistent with your reasons for giving us this sensitive personal information.
We will only share your sensitive personal data with other third parties without your consent if we have a legal basis to do so.
International Data Transfers
Security of Information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and a password which enables you to access the investor area of our website, you are responsible for keeping your username and password confidential. You must not share your username or password with anyone, or store them in a way that may allow a third party to access them.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website and you acknowledge that any transmission is at your own risk. Your personal credentials are encrypted using a secure protocol (HTTPS) between your browser and the website and when we receive any of your information, we will use strict procedures and security features which are appropriate to the type of personal data you have provided to try to prevent unauthorised access or inadvertent disclosure.
Status of this Policy and Your Consent
Where consent is required for our use of your information, by submitting your information to us you consent to our use of that information as set out in this policy; and if you disclose someone else’s information to us, you confirm that you have their consent to disclose this information to us and for us to use and disclose it in accordance with this policy.
If you provide us with your sensitive personal data (for example, any dietary requirements) you expressly consent to us using that data and disclosing it to our service providers for the purpose given. If you disclose someone else’s sensitive personal data to us you confirm that you have their consent to disclose this information to us and for us to use and disclose it to the relevant service providers for the purpose given.
Retaining your information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right access information about the personal data we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data we hold about you, and we will require you to prove your identity before we release any personal information to you (for example, by providing photographic identification).
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us.
If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal information you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.